Open wagers are parlay bets where you select some of the legs right away, and leave one or two of the legs "open", allowing you to complete the rest of the selections at different times or even on different days.
These open spots can be filled with games which may not even be available to bet on at the time the parlay is originally placed.
Example: 3 team parlay for $100 to win $600
- Leg 1: Cowboys -8
- Leg 2: Dolphins -14
- Leg 3: OPEN SPOT
Rules and restrictions:
- Open spots are not allowed on teasers, only on parlays.
- There can be a maximum of 2 open spots per parlay.
- Open spots can only be held for 90 days. Any open wager left unfilled/pending for more than 90 days will be graded as a loss.
- Once an open spot is filled, that selection cannot be edited.
- Open spots cannot be filled with Live Betting wagers.
Also, keep in mind that any open spot by default will be considered as a standard -110 moneyline, and the parlay's original payout will be based on this. However once the open spot is filled, the payout will be adjusted accordingly (if the new selection has a moneyline other than -110).